I think this quote from Pope Francis needs to be covered in stars and flowers and framed in everyone’s house!
Don’t give hatred time. Give time to time. This is useful for us when we have wicked thoughts about others, wicked feeling, when we have hostility, hatred, to not allow it to grow, to stop it, to give time to time. Time puts things in harmony, and makes us see things in the right light. But if you react in a moment of anger, it is certain you will be unjust. You will be unjust. And you will hurt yourself, too. Here’s some advice: time, time in the moment of temptation. The one who pauses gives God time.
Casa Santa Marta
17 April 2015
Thanks be to Thee, my Lord Jesus Christ
For all the benefits Thou hast given me,
For all the pains and insults
Which Thou has borne for me.
O most merciful Redeemer, Friend, and Brother,
May I know Thee more clearly,
Love Thee more dearly,
Follow Thee more nearly,
Day by day. Amen.
– Saint Richard of Chichester (1197-1253), Feast day April 3
On 2 June 1938, Our Lord Jesus appeared to St Faustina and asked her to be His Secretary – to write down from now on what He would tell her, to tell the world of His Divine Mercy and to prepare the world for His Second Coming.
In this day and age of spiritual warfare, we need to be reminded time again of this book by St Faustina –
Jesus began, “My daughter, I want to teach you about spiritual warfare” (1760).
- Never trust in yourself but abandon yourself totally to My will.
- In desolation, darkness and various doubts, have recourse to Me and to your spiritual director. He will always answer you in my name.
- Do not bargain with any temptation; lock yourself immediately in My Heart.
- At the first opportunity, reveal the temptation to the confessor.
- Put your self-love in the last place, so that it does not taint your deeds.
- Bear with yourself with great patience.
- Do not neglect interior mortifications.
- Always justify to yourself the opinions of your superiors and of your confessor.
- Shun murmurs like a plague. (Rumors, gossip)
- Let all act as they like; you are to act, as I want you to.
- Observe the rule as faithfully as you can.
- If someone causes you trouble, think what good you can do for the person who caused you to suffer.
- Do not pour out your feelings.
- Be silent when you are rebuked.
- Do not ask everyone’s opinion, but only the opinion of your confessor; be as frank and simple as a child with him.
- Do not become discouraged by ingratitude.
- Do not examine with curiosity the roads down which I lead you.
The need to know, and curiosity about the future is a temptation that has led too many people into the backrooms of psychics, witches, etc. Choose to walk in faith. Decide to trust in God who leads you on the path to heaven. Resist the spirit of curiosity always.
- When boredom and discouragement beat against your heart, run away from yourself and hide in My heart.
- Do not fear struggle; courage itself often intimidates temptations, and they dare not attack us.
- Always fight with the deep conviction that I am with you.
- Do not be guided by feeling, because it is not always under your control; but all merit lies in the will.
- Always depend upon your superiors, even in the smallest things.
- I will not delude you with prospects of peace and consolations; on the contrary, prepare for great battles.
- Know that you are on a great stage where all heaven and earth are watching you.
- Fight like a knight, so I can reward you. Do not be unduly fearful, because you are not alone.
For more information on “fighting like a knight” please visitwww.foundationforpriests.org spiritual warfare section.